Subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds can be difficult to detect because of how gradually hearing loss usually advances. Although children are frequently tested, most adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing test like they would their vision. You wouldn’t ignore a decline in your vision, so why wouldn’t you keep track of your hearing health?
Here are 6 reasons to have your hearing examined on a regular basis:
- Spotting the Signs: Everyday situations can reveal potential hearing issues. Ask yourself these questions: Do I constantly ask people what they said? Do I need to turn up the TV volume? Do noisy environments make discussions challenging? It’s time for you to get your hearing tested if you said yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association advises hearing screenings every 10 years until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing issues, this is an excellent reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will utilize baselines, which will supply a frame of reference for further comparison to track changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Problems, such as earwax buildup, or noise-related hearing loss, can be identified early on by regular hearing tests, preventing additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical disorders, like kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can on occasion be indicated by hearing loss. Addressing these conditions might improve your hearing.
Neglected hearing loss can have far-reaching consequences, impacting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Staying alert to significant sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully take part in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can better your total quality of life.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Safeguard your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by making an appointment for a hearing examination with us today.